Re: Elephants & Pack Hunting (two topics...)

<<Also, groups of sibling blue jays actively operating together to drive off cats or dogs or hawks is not an example of pack hunting, or even group hunting. A group of sibling blue jays actively operating together to kill and eat cats or dogs or hawks would be...>>

My point, which may have got garbled, was that it is a *possibility* it could develop. Anyway, although Harris hawks (_Parabuteo_) are the only pack-hunting birds that I know of, keas (_Nestor_) , the only carnvirous parrots, can mob sheep in large groups with certain individuals doing the actual killing. (The objective of the whole ganging thing with keas is to get kidney fat.)

Matt Troutman
m_troutman@hotmail.com