Re: Paleo career FAQs prepped for the DML

>The "science dealing with the life of past geologic periods as known
>from fossil remains"* (aka paleontology) is a career about which the
>Dinosaur Mailing List receives inquiries on a regular basis, so much so
>that it was suggested that we do an FAQ section on it in the Administrivia.
>
>Despite nay-saying predictions that this was tried before and wasn't
>followed through on (who said that?), it is now in place at:
>http://www.cisab.indiana.edu/~mrowe/dinosaur-FAQ.html
>and is called "So you want to be a paleontologist?"
>
>Mickey and I would like to thank contributors Chris Brochu, Jim Farlow,
>Kevin Padian, Donald Prothero, Josh Smith, and Jonathan Wagner for
>their suggestions and for allowing us to use what they wrote about
>paleontology in general and their college programs in particular.

Dear Mary,

Congratulations and thanks to everyone who made this happen!

We're in the early days of this genre and it's interesting to watch it
(how would you phrase this?) evolve a new character?
Best,
George

George J. Leonard, Ph.D.
Professor of Interdisciplinary Humanities
San Francisco State University
530 Humanities Hall
1600 Holloway Avenue
San Francisco, California, 94132