Re: Comparative color vision

>As an example, back in art school we were told that people's perceptions
>of color were easily 'fad' driven, so a plummy burgundy could be
>identical to a brownish red from a prior season's color pallette but
>being TOLD that it was a different color, that there were a great many
>people, particularily adult white males, who would be too lazy to
>recognise the identical nature on their own.

Oh, those lazy, color-blind "adult white males." Presumably not Monet,
Van Gogh, Delacroix, Kandinsky....

I understand that Betty is quoting an art school, not stating. I
criticize the art school not her, but the racist pseudo-taxonomy of a
grouping like "adult white males" should offend every scientist on this
list.

Sincerely,
George

George J. Leonard, Ph.D.
Professor of Interdisciplinary Humanities
San Francisco State University
530 Humanities Hall
1600 Holloway Avenue
San Francisco, California, 94132