oops and rest of my post.

Sorry about the incomplete post (the "save" and "send" icons should not
be so close together!)
Anyway to complete the post:
Take Compsognathus and Sinosauropteryx. Which one was smaller? Sino. is
known from smaller specimens but these may be not fully grown. What was
the mean adult size of these species? - we can't tell yet (though it was
certainly smaler than most non-avian carnivorous dinosaurs that we know
of.
Marasuchus is another possible candidate. It was tiny (about the size of
a ferret) but most do not consider it to be a true dinosaur, although it
is a very close cousin. I think George Olshevesky is the only one who
contends that it was descended from the most recent common ancestor of
Triceratops and Birds and is therefore a true dinosaur.
The other problem with trying to figure out what the smallest one was,
is that we rarely have complete remains like Compsognathus and
Sinosauropteryx
and it is hard to estimate acurately the size of the individual from
incomplete remains, let alone the mean adult size of the species.

cheers

Adam Yates