Re: Fixing dinosaurian carnivour question

On Wed, 26 May 1999, luisrey wrote:

> >So, do you want the smallest (known, adult) non-avian carnivorous dinosaur
> >or the smallest (known, adult) Mesozoic carnivorous dinosaur? The former
> >is _Compsognathus longipes_,
>
> Well, comparing my cast of the Berlin Archaeopteryx with another of
> Compsognathus, Compsognathus comes out as much more robust and fairly
> bigger in every sense. So Archaeopteryx is definitively a smaller dinosaur.

I was talking about non-avian dinosaurs. By the definition of Aves that
most use ({_Archaeopteryx_ + Neornithes}), Archie is an avian.

--T. Mike Keesey                                    <tkeese1@gl.umbc.edu>
WORLDS                                  <http://www.gl.umbc.edu/~tkeese1>
THE DINOSAURICON                               <http://dinosaur.umbc.edu>