Re: Fixing dinosaurian carnivour question

In a message dated 5/26/99 11:17:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tyra-rex2@nctimes.net writes:

>  Since when was there any question that dino-groupies couldn't be
>  included? Who is this List for anyhow?  Big hint:  those of us who
>  don't have subscriptions to all the journals where the original papers
>  come out, along with those who do.
<SNIP>
>  Considering the diversity  of extant mammals, should we be *precise*
> by calling ourselves non-rodent, non-chiropteran placentals?  Scientific
> precision can get a bit long-winded.

Nevertheless, the charter of the Dinosaur Mailing List is the _scientific_
discussion of dinosaurs, with an insistence on using the complete and
correct scientific terms.  In doing so, we don't have to guess what
the poster "really meant," which was what started this thread.

Mary
mkirkaldy@aol.com