Re: Fixing dinosaurian carnivour question

George the Dino wrote:

<Might want to check on Mononykus, Patagonykus, and
Alvarezsaurus, too. Don't happen to have those papers
available just now. Avimimus is pretty small, too, but
somewhat bigger than Compsognathus as I recall.>

  I'll read off the papers, George. *Patagonykus* was
actually nearly 1.5 times longer than *Mononykus*, and
about twice as massive, given the forelimb, pelvis,
leg, etc. Suggests about 4 to 4.5 feet.

  *Parvicursor* on the other hand had a femur at a wee
48.6 mm, and the holotype (an adult by the vertebrae
and degree of fusion in the tarsometatarsus [which is
more than I can say for *Alvarezsaurus*]) was about
1.75 feet long, small enough to curl in your palm.
Cute little thing, too, though it's short length had
something to do with that parvicursorid short tail.

  I think Parvi takes the cake, bird,
ornithomimid-morph, or whatever it turns out to be
given the Ostrom presentations.

yada yada
===
Jaime A. Headden

"May I lure us, ere the mote ends us?"

Qilong, the we---is temporarily out of service.
Please check back when the phone lines are no
longer busy.