Why are you so interested in dinosaurs?

Hi all,

For my book about dinosaurs, for kids (6-8 years old), my editor wants me to
address the question "Why are people so interested in dinosaurs?"

Since you folks are clearly interested in dinosaurs, I thought I'd ask you
--- "Why are you so interested in dinosaurs?"  If you wouldn't mind jotting
down 2 or 3 sentences, I'd appreciate it.  Nothing heavy.  Just what turned
you on to dinosaurs (avian dinosaurs, non-avian dinosaurs, whatever  :->  )

Thanks very much,
Barbara Saffer, Ph.D.  (science writer)