Re: Why are you so interested in dinosaurs?

UNION4884@aol.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> For my book about dinosaurs, for kids (6-8 years old), my editor wants me to
> address the question "Why are people so interested in dinosaurs?"
>
> Since you folks are clearly interested in dinosaurs, I thought I'd ask you
> --- "Why are you so interested in dinosaurs?"  If you wouldn't mind jotting
> down 2 or 3 sentences, I'd appreciate it.  Nothing heavy.  Just what turned
> you on to dinosaurs (avian dinosaurs, non-avian dinosaurs, whatever  :->  )
>
> Thanks very much,
> Barbara Saffer, Ph.D.  (science writer)

Gads, a hard question to answer....

In 2 or 3 sentences, I would have to say:  I have always loved dinosaurs,
perhaps because they represent such an alien, yet at the same time indigenous
world.  I look at the reconstructions of their world and say, "This was earth.
This was HOME.  I still live where they once lived.  Cool!"

--
John M. Dollan
Graduate Assistant-Residence Life

"Exploration is an obsession.  The more I discover, the more I want to know.
Unfortunately I will not be able to discover everything I want."
 --Meave Leakey

"Never be afraid to try something new.  Remember, amateurs built the Ark.
Professionals built the Titanic."
 --Unknown