Re: Fixing dinosaurian carnivour question

In a message dated 5/27/99 7:48:38 AM EST, th81@umail.umd.edu writes:

<< Can you name another, and can you show
 that this individual or individuals have been rather strident about it?  (I
 can think of a third: he has posted on this list, but has never been
 particularly strident about such usage). >>

Peter Ax, 1989.

Ax, P., 1989. "The integration of fossils in the phylogenetic system of
organisms," in Schmidt-Kittler & Willmann, eds., 1989: 27?43.

Schmidt-Kittler, N & Willmann, R., eds., 1989. Phylogeny and the
Classification of Fossil and Recent Organisms, Abhandlungen des
Naturwissenschaflichen Vereins in Hamburg (NF) 28, Verlag Paul Paray,
Hamburg: 300 pp.

Defines Aves as stem group of all reptiles closer to modern birds than to
modern crocs, which he notes makes all dinosaurs birds, "oddly enough" (or
words to that effect). I liked this idea so much I adopted it myself.