Re: Fixing dinosaurian carnivour question

In a message dated 5/27/99 2:31:54 PM EST, bettyc@flyinggoat.com writes:

<< hey now...
 'pre-feathered' as a group characteristic is not proper science.
 I can say goldfish are 'pre-feathered' (and give me a really wacko
 genetech person and a lot of money I can make them post-feathered too) >>

I don't think goldfish scales are homologous to feathers in birds, so
goldfish aren't pre-feathered in this sense. "Pre-feathered" here means
"covered in pre-feathers," not "before being covered with feathers." I
thought this was understood; otherwise I'd have clarified my phrasing.