Re: Why are you so interested in dinosaurs?

  I've been giving this a lot of thought since the discussions about
Mitchell's _The Last Dinosaur Book_. As a child, I was initially hooked by a
Charles Knight painting of Allosaurus and his imagery in _Life Through the
Ages_. To me, those pictures inspired awe--a mixture of fear and wonder.
There is a sinister element that makes dinosaurs great fun. My wife thought
of dinosaurs as "safe dragons".
  The truly wonderful part about these almost mythical animals is that there
is no limit to what one can learn about them. Dan Varner.