Re: A therizinosauroid dinosaur with integumentary structur

Ralph W. Miller III wrote:

> The Yixian formation and the Solnhofen limestones represent distinct
> depositional environments.  I do not believe that it is fair to assume
> that _Compsognathus_ had no filamentous integument just because there is
> no strong fossil evidence of filaments on the two known specimens.

But _Archaeopteryx_ of Solnhofen shows feathers.  Are feathers more
likely to be preserved (as imprints) than their bristle-like
homologs/precursors?

As you say, we just don't know if _Compsognathus_ had a filamentous
body covering.  I'm saying that just because _Sinosauropteryx_ had
one, it doesn't necessarily mean _Compsognathus_ did too.  It's not
the same thing as the tridactyl vs didactyl manus.  Compy probably
had a tridactyl manus.

Tim