Re: Why are you so interested in dinosaurs?

I'm not a paleontologist, I'm a science writer like yourself. Mostly I cover
aerospace, planetary science, and astronomy, and I'm writing two space
histories for NASA. But I make it a point to seek out dinosaur-ish stuff when
I travel, and I lurk on this list-serve. For me, dinosaurs are attractive
because:

1) They're ambassadors from another world - a world more alien than any I've
imagined (or seen imagined) around another star, yet hauntingly familiar, and
*real,* though departed.

2) They generate in me pride in all the magnificent things life can do.
They've increased my appreciation for life on Earth today - particularly
birds.

David

David S. F. Portree
Author focused on discovery
dsfportree@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/dsfportree/discovery.htm
Houston, Texas, USA

"One day with life and heart is more than time enough to find a world."
                                               - Percival Lowell
"The farther we penetrate into the unknown, the more magnificent it becomes."
                                               - Charles Lindbergh