RE: Fixing dinosaurian carnivour question

-----Original Message-----
From:   owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu] On Behalf Of
Ann & Randy
Sent:   Friday, May 28, 1999 7:15 AM
To:     dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject:        Re: Fixing dinosaurian carnivour question

Also I would like to know if Quetzalcoatlus sp is ever going to be named!
Last I heard they were still debating over whether or not it was a juvenile
of Q.northropi or a seperate species.

I don't know if or when it'll be named, but it they are different genera.

See the following for the skull of Quetzalcotalus...
Kellner, Alexander Wilhelm Armin, and Wang Langston, Jr., 1996. Cranial
remains of Quetzalcoatlus (Pterosauria, Azhdarchidae) from the Late
Cretaceous sediments of Big Bend National Park, Texas. Journal of Vertebrate
Paleontology, Volume 16, Number 2: 210-221.

Different then the skull in Wellnhofer's book.

Tracy