Re: (intentionally left blank?)

At 03:57 PM 01/11/1999 -0800, you wrote:
>it's just so much easier if you people agree that the stupid things are
>ALL birds but only the bird group that survived the KT was Aves.

While I appreciate your frustration, this would really solve very little.
The interesting question for me is not nomenclatural (eg "Is
Caudipteryx/Tyrannosaurus/Passer a bird?") but phylogenetic - how did the
various lines in this complex evolve?  Calling them all birds, or
archosaurs, or rhipidistian fishes, brings us no closer to the answer to
that question.
1825 Shady Creek Court