DinoGeorge wrote:

<It's yet not even clear that the pygostyle-tail
belongs to an oviraptorosaur. All we have on that is
National Geographic's word so far. When the tail is
properly described, then maybe there will be something
to debate.>

  Oh, it's definately an oviraptorosaur, that much I
am certain of in this animal. Of course, Holtz reply
#2 notwithstanding; the tail is composed of 21
definite and one probable tip-of-the-tail bone, making
22 possible caudals, the last three (or four) of which
are tightly bound to one another into a "pygostyle;"
what makes this animal an oviraptorosaur is, apart
from the ilium being of the
oviraptorosaurian/therizinosauroid form, the
anteriorly concave pubis, or the oviraptorosaurian
ischium, is the caudals with extensive pleurocoels (of
to the ninth) relatively deep chevrons towards the tip
of the tail, and distinct transverse processes on
nearly all the caudals, though given the relatively
reduced tail, this isn't much of a factor. However,
more of the skeleton is known than demonstrated in the
article, including dorsal vertebrae, ribs, and much of
the forequarters and neck---and if I remember
correctly, there's skull material. These all point to
oviraptorosaurian relationship. Now, [standard Holtz
reply #2 here].

=====
Jaime "James" A. Headden

Qilong---is temporarily out of service.