Re: Pygostyle

Why do you say unequiviocally that only advanced birds have pygostyles?

Could this be due simply to preservation bias and we had not as yet
found any primitive/more basal birds with pygostyles?
So we could perhaps add another far reaching effect (conclusion?) you
did not mention:

g) the pygostyle is not diagnostic of advanced birds if later non-avian
birdforms have retained it from this earlier state.

-Betty

--
Flying Goat Graphics
http://www.flyinggoat.com