RE: New dinosaur taxa, with a Latin flavor (Spanish & Argentine)

On Tuesday, November 02, 1999 7:48 AM, Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
[SMTP:tholtz@geol.umd.edu] wrote:

[snip]

> Martinez, R.  1998. _Notohypsilophodon comodorensis_ gen. et sp. nov. Un
> Hypsilophodontidae (Ornitischia [sic]: Ornithopoda) del Cretacico Superior
> de Chubut, Patagonia Central, Argentina.  Acta Geologica Leopoldensia 21:
> 119-135.

[snip]

> trochanter; shallow intertrochanteric cleft and absence of extensor groove
> in the distal end; cadual flexure of the humerus at level of the
> deltapectoral region.  Also, it seems to lack iguanodontian features (the
> traditional diagnosis for hypsilophodonts... :-S ).

What is an extensor groove? The "distal end" refers to the femur?
"Caudal flexure of the humerus"?

Were the unguals flattened?  Any neural processes on the vertebrae (sounds like
they had plenty of those to work with, at least)? Shape of the centra?

Sorry.  Just trying to follow along.  I know, just read the paper -- but I'll
never have time.

  --Toby White

PS Actually did run into group called "Dipnoi."  Perhaps someone could organize
a sister group of "Porolepiformes" -- but it doesn't quite have the same ring.