Re: Pygostyle

Dan Bensen wrote:

<It may not be diagnostic, but see it could not be
retained from an earlier state becuase other
oviraptors, ones more basal than this one, don't have
it.>

  And precisely which oviraptorosaurs are supposed to
be more basal than this one? A phylogenetic analysis
proposing its relationships has not been published
yet, so propined basality is assumed here a priori.
Stratigraphically speaking, only two taxa predate the
Ukhaa Tolgod beds (for certain), and one unnamed
specimen: *Microvenator*, *Caenagnathasia*, and a
smaller set of jaws from Kazakstan which I had the
misfortune of confusing Sues up with at SVP with the
Sandy site talk, but earlier he knew what I was
talking about.

=====
Jaime "James" A. Headden

Qilong---is temporarily out of service.