RE: Confusing Latin Names.

> From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
> Hedges, Tony
>
>       Does anyone agree with me that most of the dinosaur names are both
> confusing and not particularly helpful?

Are these names in any way, shape or form MORE confusing then the names for
other groups of organisms (mammals, ostracods, cnidarians, angiosperms,
etc.)?

>       Would a secondary name system be helpful?

It might greatly aid in the confusion... :-)

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~jmerck/eltsite