Re: Omeisauridae/Mamenchisauridae

In a message dated 11/6/99 3:01:01 AM EST, NJPharris@aol.com writes:

<< As to the question of whether _Euhelopus_ does in fact belong to this
group,
 I am thoroughly confused.  I have heard and read good arguments on both
 sides, and I just don't know enough about sauropods to decide. >>

As I've noted here before, if Euhelopus is not related to the "other"
mamenchisaurids, then we have to ask what it is about living in Late Jurassic
China (and nowhere and else) that gives two unrelated kinds of sauropods 17
or more laterally compressed cervical vertebrae (including a number of
extras), the same sets of bifid cervical and dorsal neural spines, etc.