Re: Giant birds

> >>  Do you mean "Dromaeosaurs"?<<
> What?  you've never heard of a stromaeosaur?  You know, like a
> dromaeosaur, but one key to the right?  :)
Actually the Stromaeosaurus holotype shows it was actually one key to the
right plus one aditional letter  :)
BTW, would that have a latin translation because I quite like the name?

On a more serious note, Jaime Headden wrote:
>>, and Paul in
his SVP talk called them flightless, including
therizinosaurs.<<
I've never heard of this before - they don't look any where near as birdlike
as the other taxa you mentioned.  What are his reasons for grouping them
thus?

Samuel Barnett