Re: Earliest Neornithean?

T. Mike Keesey wrote:

Does anyone know which time period the earliest known neornithean hails
from?

I have _Ambiortus dementjevi_ listed as Barremian-Aptian (Khurilt-Ulan-Bulak, Bajan-Khongor aimek, Mongolia; Unduruhinskaya Formation). Not sure if it qualifies as a true neornithine or even an ornithurine - then again, I don't think anyone's sure.

_Gansus yumenensis_ is Early Cretaceous too, but I'm not sure of the exact age - nor, again, if it's a true neornithine.

Tim