Re: Bakker talk at Univ. of Wyoming

There is something downright fun about Bob Bakker. Having heard him speak on a number of occasions, this talk you describe I can almost picture in my head. Say what you will about Bakker, but he is definitely an unbeatable showman and illustrator. He is one of the reasons I went into paleontology in the first place.

This is not to say that I agree with all of his sauropod interpretations and ideas, but I had a very good laugh with the vibrating "brontosaurus" skull idea. Why do we need to take some of the weirdest and hugest animals and make them weirder and bigger? Ah, well. I really wish Bob would do another talk at SVP. They're very entertaining.

Thanks for the post, Richard.

Matt Bonnan