Re: Two open letters from Storrs Olson (LONG)

Listmembers-

I have heard numerous concerns lately with the number of young people
who want to get into vertebrate paleontology.  Well, you needn't worry
too much, because the intense ad hominem mudslinging, seen in this
series of open letters and elsewhere, among supposedly mature and
rational adult scientists is sure to drive some of us away.  I don't
know if I have ever been ashamed of my interest before, but I am now.

Sincerely,
--
Michael A. de Sosa
Undergraduate Student

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make
as they fly by."  -Douglas Adams