RE: VP Professionals

I agree.  I am currently working on my masters thesis and working for the
Army, doing, among other things, paleontology.  I feel safe in saying that I
am probably the only paleo person who works for the Army.  I am carving out
a niche and clawing and scrambling to find a way to keep myself in it.  I
take home all sorts of extra work and am trying to make myself and my paleo
talents indispensable.  I am finally, after over 3 years, starting to get
some notice and recognition for my work.  You just have to be tenacious and
hope it works out for you.

Lauri L. Bartlema
Curatorial Assistant
Conservation Division