Re: Giant birds

>>Not even very
theropod-like let alone bird (By bird I mean resembling extant forms).<<
I will let someone more knowlagable than I handle that one.

>>Secondly am I missing something?  Are we talking about Secondarily
flightless here as the case has been made for Dromaeosaurs and Oviraptors,
or just plain old flightless?  The latter I can understand, but those
Therizinosaur arms seem too specially adapted for a secondarily flightless
scenario.  Do we have a candidate for it's flying relative?<<

Well, there's the rub.  This relates to my question as to what makes a
dinosaur a dinosaur-that-never-flew or a
dinosaur-that-onece-flew-but-now-doesn't.

Dan