Re: Therizinosauroids (was Re: Giant Birds)

In a message dated 11/11/99 12:04:24 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mickey_mortimer@email.msn.com writes:

> In my latest analysis, therizinosaurs are actually
>  closer to ovi's than Caudipteryx is, but my work is far from complete.

Yeah, from what little I've seen, I would say this is unlikely.  Loss of
maxillary and dentary teeth and the form of the mandible are among the
features that I would see as uniting oviraptorosaurs and _Caudipteryx_ to the
exclusion of the Therizinosauroidea.

--Nick P.