Re: Therizinosauroids (was Re: Giant Birds)

In a message dated 11/11/99 1:57:49 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mickey_mortimer@email.msn.com writes:

> Besides loss of maxillary and dentary teeth, Caudipteryx and oviraptorids
>  also share a pneumatic lacrimal, subequal parietal and frontal lengths and
>  two long caudal dentary processes.  Thanks for your input, If you know of
>  other synapomorphies, I'd be happy to add them to my database.

There are some fairly striking similarities in the ischia of _Caudipteryx_
and caenagnathids, but I don't have my materials at hand right now and will
have to get back to you on that one.

--Nick P.