T.rex Illium

Subject: T.rex Illium                                        3:43 PM
11/11/99

  On T. rex's illium there is a large "crest" that divides the bone
dorso-ventrally about at the half way point.  Is there any idea as to what
muscle or muscle group would attach to it?  Would it mean that the
illiofemoralis (or similar muscle, different name) be located anterior to
this "crest" or could it overlap it?.  If it did lay in front of it, than
there would be ample room for the bicept femoris/semiten./semimembran. group
to attach behind it, which to me at least, is an unusually large face to
attach mucles that usually need less space for thier origin.   The
'crest'just seems to signifigant to dismiss as  far as an attachment area.
  Perhaps it added structural support to the illium.  I knew I should have
looked closer at my chicken lunch today before I devoured it!   Any ideas or
refs out there?
  David Krentz