RE: Theories on the extinction of dinosaurs

In this general vein, it may be interesting to look at Boulter & Hewzulla
(1999), http://www.nhm.ac.uk/hosted_sites/pe/1999_2/model/issue2_99.htm as well
as the Fossil Record database accessible through the citations in the article,
to see just how atypical the KT extinctions were.  (Besides which,
Paleontologica Electronica is a unique freeware paleo journal and this gives me
an excuse to promote them.)
  --Toby White