>>Solid evidence that reptiles, birds, mammals, et al.,
had/have some type of "immunity" to these effects?<<
They were immune (although 'imunne isn't quite right, a better choice is
"lucky")
is because they were small, not because of their phylogeny.  There is nothing
that
all the surviving groups share other than the fact that they contained many
small
species during the extinction.  Pterosaurs, dinosaurs, and the big swimming
reptiles died out becuase they had been pushed out of the "small" niches by
birds,
mammals, and (I guess for the marine reptiles) fish or something.

What about that oxygen thing?  I thought it turned out that there actualy was
leakage in the amber and it threw the readings off.  Any comments?

Dan