Re: Atmosphere at K-T extinctions

>>As an
aside, I looked density altitude when I started working on Quetzalcoatlus flight
mechanics, and decided the data was too iffy to bother using anything other
than our
present atmosphere. I just do my calculations using indicated airspeed rather
than true
airspeed.  The difference in atmospheric density wasn't really enough to affect
flightworthiness anyway.  Anything that could have flown then, could fly now.<<

Certainly, but could it get enough oxygen to pump the wings in this modern
rarified
atmosphere?

BTW The numbers don't seem to support my thing about atmosphere leaking off
into space
(although _some_ of that must happen) what is the mechanism for the change in
atmosphere?
Is the oxygen locked up in polar ice as bubbles?  Or in pockets under the ocean?

Dan