-----Original Message-----
From: TomHopp@aol.com <TomHopp@aol.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Date: Saturday, November 13, 1999 10:04 AM
Subject: Re: Theories on the extinction of dinosaurs

>Again, on the super-hot shockwave blast theme: Any sea creature that had to
>come to the surface to breath would have trouble getting through the upper
>2-3 meters to the surface, given that it would be boiling. Any creatures
like
>sharks that could dive for a few hours or more, could have survived. Hence
>mososaurs could have been cold blooded, and still not survive. Plesiosaurs
>warm blooded? -- fine, and how about parboiled?

I never considered the heat-shockwave to have circled the entire earth.
North America yes,...but the rest of the earth?? Then again, I haven`t
calculated any of the physics involved. (It just dosen`t  "seem" to have
been large enough for all that). Can you provide references for your
scenario? I have T-Rex and the Crater of Doom by Alvarez, and Night comes to
the Cretaceous by Powell, and haven`t read either yet....(waiting for the
next snowstorm maybe..8^).