The sound wave from Krakatoa exploding was heard on the opposite side of
the planet.  Mt St Helens dropped ash in Europe.  Mt Pennetumba made red
sunsets in California for 6 months after it went off.

Those were litte compared to what the KT meteor did, and still had
global effects.  (Heh, and North America wasn't as far away from the
rest of the continents at the KT)

-Betty Cunningham

--
Flying Goat Graphics