-----Original Message-----
From: TomHopp@aol.com <TomHopp@aol.com>
To: larryf@capital.net <larryf@capital.net>; dinosaur@usc.edu
<dinosaur@usc.edu>
Date: Monday, November 15, 1999 1:43 PM
Subject: Re: Theories on the extinction of dinosaurs

>My thinking on pressure increase = temperature increase is illuminated by
>having watched a few old A-bomb films since this thought arose. If you look
>carefully (and VERY quickly), immediately following the flash, you will see
>the pressure wave rip outward in a smooth arc. If you see billows arising
>(smoke or steam) you're too late!
>- Tom Hopp

I`ve seen those films. Always thought the heat was produced by  radiation,
in which case it only travels in a straight line, and would therefor have a
limited radius of effect. Maybe I`m wrong though. I also picked up some
books on nuclear weapons and their effects. I`ll just have to do some
reading on the subject, and try to rationalize it.

How do they know the object was 6 mi in diameter? How did they know it was
traveling at 30 miles per sec???