Re: Therizinosauroids (was Re: Giant Birds)

In a message dated 11/12/99 5:32:34 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mickey_mortimer@email.msn.com writes:

> Perle et al. (1994) state that the scapula and coracoid of Mononykus are
>  "firmly attached", as it appears to be in Patagonykus.  I'm not sure about
>  Alvarezsaurus

Long suture between the scapula and coracoid in _Alvarezsaurus_.  The
coracoid in _Alvarez._ is really pretty short and rounded, though the
specimen is admittedly kinda beat up.

Still not at all sure that _Alvarez._ goes with the Mononykines.

--Nick P.