Newfangled paleontology

"Patrick Norton" <ptnorton@email.msn.com>

Maybe next, after the skills---and, yes, the human creative talent---of the
fossil preparators have been rendered obsolete,
perhaps we can look forward to a laser-guided, tera-hertz
paleontologist-substitute computer chip that will describe a specimen in a
trillionth of a second while producing both a cladogram that *everyone*
will agree with and an entertaining yet light-hearted article about it for
popular consumption.

Well I'm glad to see that there's at least one person left who packs his
specimens in from the field by mule train and then writes up his
descriptions with a quill pen the good old-fashioned way. -- if it was good
enough for grandpaw, it's good enough for me --

:-)

-- Jeffrey Willson <jwillson@harper.cc.il.us>