RE: What are these dinosaurs? 2: Return of What are these dinosaurs?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
Dinogeorge@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 1999 10:37 AM
To: mickey_mortimer@email.msn.com; dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: What are these dinosaurs? 2: Return of What are these
dinosaurs?

Here is my note on Macelognathus from MM #2:

Genus: Macelognathus Marsh, 1884
= Macellognathus Baur, 1891 [sic]
= Marcellognathus Romer, 1966 [sic]
M. vagans Marsh, 1884?
NOTE: Originally classified in its own reptilian order and occasionally
considered a small dinosaur (Baur, 1891), the above genus is now placed into
Crocodylia (Ostrom, 1971). T. L. Ford has suggested (pers. comm.), however,
that it may be a primitive caenagnathid-like theropod.

I was able to look at the material this year at Yale, and Dan Chure is
right, it is a croc. After seeing it, I must saw the drawings are very
misleading.
Tracy