Re: Laser fossil preparation

Betty wrote:

>the correct term was femtosecond, I think
>
>After 'femto' the decimal fractions start sounding like ex-Marx brothers

TO be precise, they're talking about 100 femtosecond pulses; I stayed away
from the precise terminology to avoid "what's he talking about" questions.
The timescale goes from milliseconds, microseconds, nanoseconds,
picoseconds, femtoseconds, ... 1 Femtosecond = 10E-15 second.

Jeff Hecht     Boston Correspondent    New Scientist magazine
525 Auburn St.,          Auburndale, MA 02466             USA
tel 617-965-3834 fax 617-332-4760 e-mail jhecht@world.std.com
see New Scientist on the Web: http://www.newscientist.com/