In a message dated 11/20/99 3:51:24 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jbois@umd5.umd.edu writes:

> This fossil is currently being debated.  I don't have the ref. but have
>  read that primate affinities have been argued.

I knew that the primate affinity of the Plesiadapiformes was disputed
(probably closer to flying lemurs), but I was under the impression that other
very old primate material had been found.

Quite aside from which, if primates and dermopterans are sister groups, as
seems fairly likely, if there were dermopterans in the Cretaceous then there
must have been primates as well.