Reception of Heilmann

Hello all,

As some of you may be aware, I am working on the life and especially the work of Gerhard Heilmann (see http://www.let.rug.nl/~nieuwland/heilmann.html) For that purpose, I am particularly looking for opinions about Heilmann. From what I've gathered, he was rather (but not entirely) unknown among paleontologists of the time. However, I would be grateful for anything you lot might be able to contribute.

Many thanks in advance,

Ilja Nieuwland
Natural Historian & Howler Monkey

History Department