Re: Jobaria and the Elephant Commit Suicide

In a message dated 11/23/99 12:11:16 PM Pacific Standard Time,
David.Krentz@disney.com writes:

<<  For our movie we had a trainer force an elephant into several positions
for
 reference.  Something that was a definite factor in shifting weight from
 front to back was the movement of the elephants guts.  As it stood you could
 see them move back.  We made the poor thing sit down on a big metal chair,
 and witnessed a terrible thing.  The weight of it's guts  being  compressed
 like that caused it to pass wind, which was amplified by the chair like a
 giant timpani drum! >>

  Thanks for pointing this out to us, Dave, although I'm sorry for the
elephant. Note that, unlike the elephant, sauropods have a well-developed,
rather blade-like pubis pointing down into the gut area. Shifting that huge
mass of digestive tract back into that thing would have been interesting
indeed! Perhaps I should have titled this thread "Samurai Sauropod" instead.
Dan Varner.