Atlasaurus (and its neighbors)

From: Ben Creisler bh480@scn.org
Subject: RE: Atlasaurus (and its neighbors)

The following item is news to me and comes from the
description of Atlasaurus:
"a giant sauropod indicated by a trackway [Breviparopus,
which I knew about] (Ishigaki, 1989) and the longest
sauropod femur known (2.36 m; Charroud and Fedan 1992)."
This giant bone would appear to belong to the trackway-
maker called Breviparopus and indicates a huge sauropod
from the Middle Jurassic. The reference is:
Charroud, M. and Fedan, B. 1992. Donnees preliminaires sur
la decouverte du gisement de Boulahfa a dinosauriens (SW
de Bouleman, Moyen Atlas central) [Preliminary data on the
discovery of a dinosaur deposit at Boulahfa) (SW of
Bouleman, central Middle Atlas)]: Le Maroc, promontoire
africain entre la mediterranee at l'Atlantique, Livre a la
memoire de Georges Choubert, Notes Mem. Serv. geol. Maroc,
366,
448-449.