Hi Pat,
Thanks for doing the hard part of the work.  I have a tendency to just dredge up
memories of stuff I read 40 years ago.  I did indeed mean Vredefort -- just got
tanglemouthed.

Re your note below -- perhaps an impact of this magnitude could be expected to
cause an extinction or two?

Be sure to scarf down an extra turkey wing for me tomorrow.

Jim