Dinosaur TV Week

Here are some highlights of U.S. national programming
concerning dinosaurs (entinct and extant), other
prehistoric animals and evolution, from high art to
low trash and (hopefully) back again, all times
eastern (check local listings to confirm):

Tuesday, November 30

PBS, 9:00pm (time and day may vary; rebroadcasts
likely this week)
Nova
"Mammoths of the Ice Age"
New evidence indicates that mammoths survived the Ice
Age and "almost avoided extinction."

Wednesday, December 1

TLC, 2:00pm
A Baby Story
"Baby bird"
Probably a kid's show about young animals.  This one
features birds.

Thursday, December 2

Discovery Channel, 9:00pm (rebroadcast midnight, and
5:00pm Saturday)
The Extinction Files
According to my electronic TV guide, this program
highlights the fact that "some species survive with
little evolutionary change."  Oh.

Saturday, December 4

Discovery Channel, 6:00pm
Nature's Death Traps
Fossils give clues to some gruesome demises.

In the words of a Chinese paleontologist, "I like to
study dinosaurs, but I love to eat them."  Happy
Thanksgiving.

=====
Larry

"I've been ionized, but I'm okay now."