Re: Tyrannosaurs with leathery skin, etc.

>In a message dated 11/29/99 10:49:25 AM Pacific Standard Time,
>nrlongri@midway.uchicago.edu writes:
>
>[regarding _Sinosauropteryx_]
>
>>   An obturator process of the ischium is found in all kinds of
>>  things, but it would put it above things like torvosaurs if I recall(?).
>
>An obturator process of the sort seen in _Compsognathus_ would make it a
>coelurosaur.  The ob. proc. of carnosaurs is very different and, IMHO,
>probably independently derived.

        We're on similar wavelengths- the triangular obturator looks
coelurosaurian. I think the lack of skid-like chevrons makes the thing
outside tyrannosauridae+maniraptoriformes. But the evidence is really
pretty meager for Compie. So what do you think makes the carnosaur
obturator nonhomologous?
-N