Nick Hotton

Robert Purdy wrote:

> Nick Hotton, a long time friend and colleague, died
> yesterday evening at home.  His daughter and son were with
> him and our condolences go out to them.  A memorial service
> will be held in January.  No flowers please, but donations
> to Montgomery Hospice will be accepted.
>
> Carol's phone number is 301/270-0421.
>
> Dick Benson,
> Chairman of Paleobiology,
> NMNH

This is truly a sad day in our science.  Nick "the three-eyed" Hotton
was a great guy, and the first person that I met when I showed up at the
Smithsonian in 1994.  He was influential both in my becoming a
paleontologist and in going to Penn.  He will be sorely missed.

--
Josh Smith
University of Pennsylvania