Cite correctlly (Re: Limbs and niche partitioning)

On Fri, 1 Oct 1999 17:37:34 +1000, you wrote:

>If so consider the aquatic ape theory of Elaine Morgan which seeks to
>explain human bipedalism by postulating that a group of LCAs between humans
>and chimps was isolated on an island roughly in the Afar Triangle c. 6-4
>mya. They adapted to a partially aquatic life style and when the Afar dried
>up the now bipedal apes rejoined their African cousins.

Thr "aquatic ape" is a bullshit theory,first off (there's absolutely NO
proof to support it), and second, Elaine Morgan plagiarized it from some
turn-of-the-century French guy (as a matter of fact, I learned about it way
back in the 'sixties when Ivan T. Sanderson
included it in his "Abominable Snowman" tome).